Fossil, Oregon Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast At Wilson Ranches Retreat
Each morning, your hosts prepare a homemade ranch breakfast with all the trimmings. You can enjoy your breakfast on the deck overlooking the fields and Butte Creek Valley, in the dining room, a breakfast picnic or the Wilson Ranches Saddlebag breakfast for your one hour horseback ride.
Breakfast Setting and Times
Breakfast with the Wilsons is about much more than just good food and nourishment, it is truly a unique dining experience.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:00 am to 10 am with dining options available
- Coffee and tea service from 6:30 am to 11 am
- Early breakfast available by special arrangement
What You Can Expect
The ranch breakfast changes daily and Phil calls it a “3 o’clock breakfast” because you don’t start looking for a place to graze until about 3:00 pm. We proudly serve locally sourced Apricot Apiaries honey, Sisters Coffee Co. Black Butte Gold coffee, and Stash mint tea grown in the Pacific Northwest.
Sample Menu Items
- Bacon, ham, sausage or beef steak
- Apple bread, berry muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, scones or biscuits and gravy
- Scrambled or fried farm fresh eggs (when hens are laying)
- Peaches, pears or orchard fruit seasonally
- Bob’s Red Mill oatmeal with raisins, cranberries, pecans and brown sugar toppings
- Pastries served with homemade Oregon strawberry jam
- Assorted herbal teas
- Orange juice
- Hot chocolate
- Spiced cider
Wilson Ranches Retreat encourages guests to inform their hosts of special dietary needs and allergies when making your reservation. Special dietary requirements are accommodated to the best of our ability. We serve Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free oatmeal with raisins, cranberries, pecans and brown sugar toppings.
Kitchen For Guest Use
Located next to the Bed and Breakfast house, Effie’s Kitchen is available for you to prepare your lunch, afternoon snacks, and dinner. Eat your meal at the picnic tables while enjoying the beauty of the high desert. The kitchen is available 24 hours a day and includes a refrigerator and freezer, charcoal BBQ grills, range with oven, microwave, crock-pot, pots, pans, cooking utensils, paper plates, and plastic cutlery.