Fossil, Oregon Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast At Wilson Ranches Retreat
As you enter the kitchen, you will see your hosts working to give you the experience of enjoying a ranch breakfast with all the trimmings. Each morning, the Wilson Ranches family joins their guests at the one-of-a-kind dining room table that Phil Wilson crafted from local lumber milled at the Kinzua Pine Mill in the 1930s.
Breakfast Setting and Times
Breakfast with the Wilsons is about much more than just good food and nourishment, it is truly a unique dining experience. The Wilson Ranches family sits down with the guests and share about ranch life, local history, and the funny and serious sides of rural living. Whatever the topic at the breakfast table, expect the conversation to be intelligent, informed and often humorous. You are likely to have a large helping of fun and laughter with Phil’s stories!
- Breakfast is served family-style daily at 8:00 am (one seating only)
- Coffee and tea are available at all times
- Early breakfast available by special arrangement
What You Can Expect
The ranch breakfast changes daily and Phil calls it a “3 o’clock breakfast” because you don’t start looking for a place to graze until about 3:00 pm. We proudly serve locally sourced Apricot Apiaries honey, Sisters Coffee Co. Black Butte Gold coffee, and Stash mint tea grown in the Pacific Northwest.
Sample Menu Items
- Bacon, ham, sausage or beef steak
- Apple bread, berry muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, scones or biscuits and gravy
- Scrambled or fried farm fresh eggs (when hens are laying)
- Peaches, pears or orchard fruit seasonally
- Bob’s Red Mill oatmeal with raisins, cranberries, pecans and brown sugar toppings
- Pastries served with homemade Oregon strawberry jam
- Assorted herbal teas
- Orange juice
- Hot chocolate
- Spiced cider
Wilson Ranches Retreat encourages guests to inform their hosts of special dietary needs and allergies when making your reservation. Special dietary requirements are accommodated to the best of our ability. We serve Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free oatmeal with raisins, cranberries, pecans and brown sugar toppings.
Kitchen For Guest Use
Located next to the Bed and Breakfast house, Effie’s Kitchen is available for you to prepare your lunch, afternoon snacks, and dinner. Eat your meal at the picnic tables while enjoying the beauty of the high desert. The kitchen is available 24 hours a day and includes a refrigerator and freezer, charcoal BBQ grills, range with oven, microwave, crock-pot, pots, pans, cooking utensils, paper plates, and plastic cutlery.